Friday, November 21, 2008

Hey guys, share your recipes!!!!!

So we are having Thanksgiving here at our house this year and we are splitting up the dinner so we all share and no one has too much work. I'm doing sides, my favorite, I'm a starch fiend!!! So I was wondering if you all would give me some ideas and share your favorite recipes for traditional Thanksgiving sides, you know stuffing, 'tadoes, veggie dishes. I'll share one of my very favorites with you I make it every year for Thanksgiving to start us off and usually make it 10-20 more times during the Fall and Winter. It is awesome on a blustery day and pairs perfectly with a crusty baguette.
Share your recipes by clicking on comments, Thanks!

Fresh Herb, Potato and Leek Soup
Bon Appétit | November 1992

ingredients

3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
5 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
3 cups water
3 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), chopped
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup minced fresh chives or green onion tops
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried, crumbled
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
Hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)

Chopped fresh chives or green onion tops

preparation

Bring first 8 ingredients to boil in heavy large pot or Dutch oven over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are very tender and soup thickens slightly, about 1 hour. Transfer 2 cups of soup to blender and puree. Return puree to pot. Season with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead and refrigerated. Reheat before continuing.)

Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with chopped chives and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated and help to combat that "I think I'm talkking to myself" feeling.