Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lights Out

Yesterday evening a car hit a utility pole down the hill somewhere and our power went out. I never really thought much about power outages, in fact the few we have had in the past were kinda fun, snuggling up and candles, like camping! With FOUR kids, not so much. Harrison was terrified, Natalie didn't get it "MOM turn my light on!" Bridget was still hungry after nursing and i had no way to warm milk for her, Henry of course thought it was cool! We have a house full of electronics, laptops, personal dvd players, psp, all of were either not charged or not working(that's another story).We were able to watch Kim Possible on my Ipod, all three kids fighting over who would hold it. I never realized how incredibly unprepared I am for any kind of emergency. I had only a few votive candles, no bottled water, nothing to feed the kids for dinner. Thankfully Ryan rescued us with some fast food. The blackout lasted only a little over an hour but felt like forever. Today I think I'll buy some flashlights..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated and help to combat that "I think I'm talkking to myself" feeling.